Hello all and Seasons Greeting
This is video is part of my online course called “How to improve your Personal Performance in Java Work Technology (PPJWT)?”. My name is Peter Pilgrim, I created PPJWT in 2020. PPJWT is a commercial course, you can find it on Vimeo on Demand.
This discussion lecture is the second in the row. It is about the Off Payroll Working, pending in April 2021 in the UK private sector. At the time of writing, UK contractors were affected by the up and coming changes to the tax legislation. During 2020, many contractors suffered blanket status determinations report (SDR), where they treated as INSIDE IR35 as opposed to working as OUTSIDE IR35.
If you are not interested in UK contracting, then you probably the video lecture is going to be irrelevant for us. On the other hand, if you aspire one day to be a UK contractor, thinking of moving here to working as contractor or are already contractor, then you most definitely will find the information useful to understand regarding the future of consultancy-driven work.
Again my non-technical course is available here (for EARLY ACCESS ):
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/personaltech . I am very close to finishing PPJWT and so price will increase, therefore get in there now or very soon( if you are still reading this in 2020).
Peter Pilgrim, December 2020
Search term: Small Company Examption, control, mutuality of obligation, MacKenna, case, law, susbtitution, strategy, IR35, StopTheLoanCharge, LoanCharge
References (all open in a new tab)
- Off Payroll Working HMRC GOV.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/private-sector-off-payroll-working-for-clients
- Off Payroll Working BDO Binder Dijker Otte https://www.bdo.co.uk/en-gb/insights/tax/employer-essentials/ir35-in-the-private-sector
- Off Payroll Working QDOS Consulting https://www.qdoscontractor.com/ir35/ir35-reform-in-the-private-sector
- INSIDE or OUTSIDE IR35 – determinining status QDOS consulting https://www.qdoscontractor.com/ir35/what-is-inside-and-outside-ir35
- Dave Chaplin – Contractor Handbook – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Contractors-Handbook-Expert-Guide-Freelancers/dp/0956074529
- Check Employment Status for TAX – GOV.UK (The “CEST” robot https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-employment-status-for-tax)
- “Blanket determinations” for IR35 assessments are unlawful and highly risky Contractor Calculator UK https://www.contractorcalculator.co.uk/role_based_blanket_ir35_assessments.aspx